Hosting is the foundation of any website. While best VPS Hosting Providers provide you with virtual private resources on a server with many users, it turns out to be an effective solution for many online businesses to host their websites on. The virtual private server host is the balance of affordability and quality for companies with tight budgets but doesn’t want to put their stakes on shared servers.
However, in this competitive market, it becomes highly difficult to choose the best VPS hosting providers perfect for your needs. Therefore, we have analyzed 20+ VPS hosting companies to come up with a list of the top 8 VPS hosting providers. With this article, we want to help small businesses and start-ups to find the best web hosting solutions as per their needs.
We have reviewed the Top 8 VPS hosting providers in 2023 and compared them based on the performance, support, prices, and features they offer. Find the best one for you in the section below:
1. InMotion Hosting – Best Overall VPS Hosting
Inmotion hosting is a specialized VPS hosting provider for growing businesses and developers. Managed virtual private servers provided by InMotion are designed for high performance and security because they are built on UltraStack. Ultra stack is an optimized server configuration which highly capable to handle content management systems.
- Free website migration – In motion offers free migration to WordPress sites
- High uptime – 24/7 high availability of servers with 99.99% uptime.
- Optimized for eCommerce – eCommerce websites and stores will have a fast, secure, and protected experience.
- SSH & DDoS Protection – Inmotion ensures that highly secured servers are protected from malicious attempts and DDoS attacks.
- NVMe SSD storage – It is up to 20x faster than spinning drives.
- Resource monitoring dashboard – keep track of the performance of your resources and
|● Unlimited disk space and email accounts|
● Free domain on 6 months or higher plans
● Free SSL for better security
● Free migration for WordPress sites
● 90 days Money back guarantee
|● Expensive option in the long run|
● No Windows Hosting (Linux only)
Read Also: Hostinger Review
2. A2Hosting – Best Value for Money
With A2Hosting and VPS hosting, website owners can feel more confident to host their website, making it one of the most reliable hosting companies across the web.
Considering its storage, RAM, transfers, and many other features, A2 VPS hosting is a value for money. With an ideal pricing structure and quality features, A2 hosting stands out from web hosting competition in the market. The best part is, that all VPS plans come with 24/7 support, a free SSL certificate, and free website migrations.
- Built for Speed – with up to 20x faster page loading, A2 hosting servers provide a fast web hosting experience to its customers. Turbo plans come with upgraded server hardware, advanced caching software and a variety of performance add to reduce load times and increase conversion rates.
- SSD VPS hosting solution – SSD storage helps you get fast performance at less power consumption.
- Developer Friendly – A2 hosting plans are designed by also keeping web developers in mind.
- Higher Uptime – A2 hosting is highly reliable in terms servers’ availability and uptimes.
- Free account Migrations – there is no need for you to pay extra for data migrations. With A2 hosting, you can transfer your databases and move your site free of cost.
|● Cost-Effective Unmanaged VPS plans|
● Easy Cpanel control panel
● 24/7 guru support
● Available root access
● 99.99% uptime & best server availability
● Money-back guarantee
|● Expensive managed VPS plans|
● Best prices at long-term contract
3. Hostinger – Best Budget-Friendly VPS Hosting
If you are looking for long-term VPS hosting plans at affordable rates, Hostinger is the best VPS hosting provider to choose from. It is well known for its affordable plans. Moreover, it comes with a 30-day full refund policy to make sure you get your money back. However, there is 24/7 support by experts who are ready to help you in case you run into issues.
Hostinger is fast, affordable, and promises top features for better performance, flexibility, scalability, and power.
- IPv6 Support – run scripts and extensions as quickly as possible with a dedicated IP address.
- Full root access – root access helps in quick and easy control of your server fully.
- High SSD storage – dedicated servers equipped with the newest Intel Xeon CPUs, 128 Gb RAM, and high SSD storage.
- 100 MB/s network – fast loading speed to make sure your users have a great browsing experience.
- 30-day full money-back guarantee – Under any case, for any reason, Hostinger will refund you fully because of an unsatisfied experience with the hosting.
- Variety of control panels to get
- Quick Backups & Snapshots – restore your website within a few minutes by automated backups and manual live snapshots.
Hostinger provides 8 different plans with their specific features.
|● Excellent speed|
● Easy to set up
● 24/7 chat support
● Scalable plans
● User-friendly control panel
● Money-back guarantee
● 99.9% uptime
● Secured servers protected from DDoS attacks
|● Limited support|
● No Traditional cPanel
4. Bluehost – VPS hosting For Upgrading from Shared Hosting
Bluehost VPS hosting is one of the best plans for those who want to upgrade their server from shared hosting. For anyone new to VPS hosting, Bluehost can be the best bet to get the virtual private server. Bluehost VPS hosting provides you more control over the server than standard shared hosting.
Bluehost is designed by keeping beginners in mind with a simple and easy experience.
- Multi-Server Management – Add more VPS or even shared to your account anytime
- Database Management – Customized database manager to organize, edit and manage your
- databases directly on the server.
- File Management – Manage data and files on your virtual server using FTPs
- 24/7 Availability of Resources – your website will perform at optimal levels by the availability of the resources at all times.
- Domain Privacy – prevent identity theft, spam, and phishing attacks by masking the personal information associated with your domain name.
- 24/7 Support – no matter what the technical issues are, we are going to help you with an issue and all the aspects.
- Extreme Performance – we offer VPS that is powerful and easy to use.
- SiteLock – defend your website from attacks and malware. Detect and fix vulnerabilities and threats before they cause problems.
- Free SSL Certificate – An SSL ensures a secured connection on the website, allows for eCommerce, and protects personal information for added security.
|● Free domain name with annual contract|
● Affordable prices
● 24/7 expert support
● Reliable uptime and site speed
● Renewal rates
● C-panel included in all plans
|Lots of add-ons increase the total cost|
5. Hostgator – Best VPS hosting for customization
Hostgator VPS provides you with more control and scalability. If you are looking for VPS hosting plans, you can put your stakes into Hostgator. Hostgator guarantees 99.9% of uptime and advanced functionality.
It leverages the best features by allowing you to host unlimited domains, and create unlimited email addresses and FTP accounts. It also comes with automated weekly backups which allow you to perform an off-site backup of your private server data each week.
Customer support makes it more reliable among website owners. While many website owners pay hundreds of dollars on migrations, you can migrate your website and databases free of cost with Hostgator.
Their customer support team is also on hand 24/7/365 via phone, email, or live chat to help you with any of your needs.
HostGator has built higher credibility with 20 years of presence in the market and with over 2 million websites served. That’s why we consider HostGator in this “Best VPS Hosting Providers” article.
- Full Root Access – the VPS hosting by Hostgator offers unhindered and unrestricted access to your server while maintaining the flexibility of the software.
- Unlimited functionality – With Hostgator, you get unlimited functionality by hosting unlimited domains and creating unlimited email addresses, databases, and FTP accounts.
- Powerful performance – Hostgator has powerful hardware which ensures fast performance.
- Full suite of tools – Hostgator provides you with a complete suite of tools site templates, softaculous script installer, site development tools, and more to manage a range of operations within a few clicks.
- Weekly backups – Backups are the proactive step towards advance security. Hostgator can help you obtain the
- Free content transfers – you get free migrations from Hostgator experts to transfer your content and database safely.
- Unmetered Bandwidth – enjoy high-speed data transfers with unmetered bandwidth.
|● Max reliability|
● Scale as you go
● Network guarantee
● 24/7/365 support
● 45-day guarantee
● Complete Customization
|● Not the most economical option for business hosting |
● Slow customer support response times
6. Liquid Web – Best VPS hosting with high memory and storage
With over 45,000+ happy customers in over 150 countries, the liquid web is one of the most reliable brands in the market to offer cloud-based VPS hosting services with root access.
Liquid web-managed VPS hosting delivers lightning-fast performance with a bandwidth of 10 TB. All the plans are designed to provide you with full control of a dedicated server and flexibility through cloud hosting. Liquid web servers outperform
The liquid web also provides a private VPS parent, allowing you to create your private cloud environment for creating, moving, resizing, or destroying virtual instances. You get many options to better control your resources. You can choose to move to the public cloud or create a public network of private cloud servers.
Liquid web outperforms many VPS hosting options in the market by leveraging all aspects on the best possible level whether it is 24/7 support, malware protection, storage, and uptimes. That’s why we consider Liquid Web in this “Best VPS Hosting Providers” article.
- High Bandwidth – the hosting plans come with 10TB bandwidth to deliver your website fast and maintain a fast performance for the users on the website.
- Easy to Scale – scale your managed VPS hosting (upgrade or downgrade) with no server downtime.
- Cloudflare CDN – your hosting will be added with CDN which distributes your website to worldwide servers and helps in managing load and increasing performance.
- Standard DDoS protection – keep an eye on your servers with real-time monitoring to reduce traffic and shield your website from attacks.
- 100% network availability – allow your servers available at all times with guaranteed power and network uptime.
- Integrated Firewall – Firewalls can help you protect your managed VPS hosting against malicious codes and malware.
|● Certified professionals for 24/7/365 help|
● 100% network uptime
● Fast and Free website migrations
● Dedicated support for security updates and patches
● Multi-level DDoS protection
● Fast SSD storage
● Regular updates
● Unlimited domains
|● Highly expensive and less affordable as compared to another hosting.|
Read Also: Fastest & Best Shopify Themes
7. ScalaHosting – Best hosting to customize VPS resources
Powering over 700,000 websites from 120+ countries, ScalaHosting has been innovating for 11 years. Scala hosting stands out from the competition with its ability to allow customers to create their plans. The hosting plan customization meter makes it a unique VPS hosting provider in 2023.
Even the startup plan includes all the built-in features that an expensive one includes with only the difference of core features such as SSD, RAM, and bandwidth.
With the increasing demand, Scalahosting gives you the flexibility to choose your preferred provider. It offers an extraordinary VPS range based on configurability.
The support team of Scala hosting is award-winning keeping a 24/7 support environment to help its customers at every point of time and all stages.
Scala Hosting VPS didn’t leave security as the major part of their servers. SShield cybersecurity provides live protection on the website against 99.99% of attacks. This will perform a malware scan to help you protect your databases.
Since most VPS hosting providers offer cPanel integration, scala hosting goes beyond providing a SPanel VPS control panel. The SPanel control panel is designed to manage robust security, fast performance, and more. From web developers and web design agencies to eCommerce sites and domain resellers, sPanel is designed for almost everyone to get the most out of it.
Robust control panel – Spanel is an advanced control panel to provide you with robust security, fast loading speed, and 100% email deliverability.
Dedicated security against malware – SShield cybersecurity is the dedicated feature to offer live protection 24/7 against 99.99% of your attacks. It scans and reports for malware.
Create a personalized VPS option – Use a meter scale to build your own cloud-managed VPS according to your needs.
Free site migrations – there is no need to pay for site transfer. You can migrate all your websites free of charge with Scala hosting VPS hosting.
|● Free SSL and CDN|
● HTTP/3 support
● 30-day money-back guarantee
● Quick Loading time
● Free website migration
● Free domain
● Award-winning 24/7 support experts
● Unmetered bandwidth
|● Poor Uptime of 99.73%|
● Visitor thresholds with cheaper plans
8. AccuWeb Hosting – The Best Web Hosting Platform
Accuweb hosting was founded in 2003 with the goal of empowering developers and companies by making infrastructure deployment simple with its cutting-edge Linux, Windows, and cloud platforms. With 19 years of expertise, AccuWeb Hosting is a top provider of web hosting services.
With more than 101,030 international customers and counting, AccuWeb has been providing its most dependable and Lightning-fast hosting services at a very competitive price to its consumers worldwide. They also offer 15+ server locations, allowing you to launch your VPS hosting plans closest to your target market. For developing companies and entrepreneurs looking for VPS hosting, there is AccuWeb Hosting. It is renowned for offering inexpensive plans.
Let’s have a glance into the Features of AccuWeb, which are valuable for your eCommerce website:
- Full Root Access – AccuWeb Hosting’s VPS hosting provides unrestricted access to your server without compromising the software’s versatility.
- Host Unlimited Websites – Any VPS Hosting package allows you to host unlimited domains. You can host however many domains you like.
- 1 Gbps Port Connectivity – The VPS Hosting servers offers a port connection of at least 1 Gbps.
- Money-back guarantee – AccuWebHosting offers a 7-Day money-back guarantee. If dissatisfied with its service, its user will get 7-Day Money Back Guarantee that ensures them to receive a full return.
- High Performance – AccuWeb Hosting offers VPS that is powerful and easy to use.
|● 7 Days Money Back Guarantee|
● Enterprise Technical Support
● Unlimited Free Emails
● Free SSL
● Unlimited domains
● 99.9% Uptime
|● No CDN feature for Basic Plan, starts from Premium++ Plan|
9. Hostwinds – Best VPS Hosting Providers for Linux and Windows Users
Hostwinds offers both Linux VPS and Windows VPS hosting plans to cover every user’s needs. We can say Hostwinds is one of the best fully managed VPS hosting providers in 2023 because of its complete package of features included in all of its hosting plans. You get fast speed and performance with the 1 Gbps ports of unlimited bandwidth. Plus, full management of the VPS hosting offers you timely assistance from the experts in challenging times.
Compared to other hosting services, hostwinds rank above average in terms of their performance, reliability, and support. The highest plan of hostwinds VPS hosting offers up to 750 GB of storage on your virtual server.
For those who want to upgrade from shared hosting at a bit lower cost compared to others, hostwinds can be the best option. The starting managed Linux VPS hosting plan can be as affordable as it only costs you around $8.24 per month which gives you 30 GB of storage, 1 GB of RAM, and 1 TB of bandwidth. However, RAM is a bit low as compared to competitors.
Hostwinds is secured, high-performing, and highly scalable considering features it guarantees such as 99.99 uptime, free website transfers, distribution of servers around multiple locations, and firewall protection.
- Redundant Network – network redundancy ensures network availability at all times with additional or alternate mediums of network devices.
- Instant Scalability – You can increase your server resources by upgrading your VPS plan to the next tier.
- Automated Backups – Hostwinds offers computerized backups for your Linux VPS. The backups are highly configurable which means you can set the schedule when the backups are taken.
- Server Monitoring – Hostwinds monitors your VPS hosting in real-time to proactively support you when any problem arises.
- Powerful Hardware – Hostwinds deploy powerful hardware to provide you with speedy performance and reliable solutions for your VPS.
- Snapshots – Snapshots are the real-time backup of your Linux VPS. You can use these snapshots to recover your server in times of critical failure.
- Load Balancers – Load balancers distribute your traffic across multiple Linux virtual private servers which allows you to increase the network efficiency and uptime.
|● 99.99% Uptime guaranteed|
● Free database Transfer and website migrations
● User-friendly experience with an easy-to-use dashboard and control panel
● Multiple Locations hosting to distribute your website to the datacenters worldwide
● Protective Firewall for high malware protection
● Up to 750 GB of storage
|● Low RAM on entry-level plan –|
● Nightly backups cost extra
● Server monitoring costs extra
● Limited Server Locations
● Domain Name Is Not Free
Methodology of Choosing the Best VPS Hosting Services
In this competitive world, it is difficult how to choose the best VPS hosting provider for you. Considering a selection criterion to follow would be perfect to get the best one for you. In our methodology, we have considered the basic features – customer support, security, pricing, uptime guarantees, and customer reviews to pick the best VPS host for you.
- VPS features: VPS hosting comes with two different options to choose from either Managed or unmanaged hosting. The plans will decide whether you want complete control over your server, or you want someone else to manage your space. As far as price is concerned, it is best to choose VPS hosting service with an average price at entry-level plans. Plus, resources should fulfill the basic requirements such as 50 GB storage, 1 GB of RAM, and 1 TB of bandwidth.
- Pricing: Consider prices when choosing your best VPS hosting service provider. Check if your selected plan is worth the money you pay for it.
- Security: VPS hosting adds up better security than shared hosting. Most VPS hosting providers provide data protection features such as firewall, dedicated IP support, backup automation, DDoS attack protection, and more.
- Customer Reviews: what makes a company more than reliable is its customer reviews. Reading reviews of the previous customers of a company helps you to know whether a company is right for you or not. An average of 3.5 or more out of 5 ratings would be best for you.
- Ease of Use: Whether you choose unmanaged or managed VPS hosting, usability is the major factor to consider before choosing the best VPS hosting company for you. A hosting with ease-of-use results in a good user experience.
FAQs – Best VPS Hosting Providers
VPS stands for the virtual private server and is an upgrade from shared hosting. With a shared hosting plan, you share your website on a common server. On a VPS plan, you share the same space with others, but you aren’t sharing resources – you have your RAM, storage, and CPU power. If your website has many resources with a high rank on search engines, and you are looking for an upgrade, consider migrating your website to VPS hosting.
VPS hosting is better than shared hosting because it creates a dedicated hosting environment that is highly secured with fewer limitations. The server’s availability is more in VPS because of the fewer people on the server, thus, it takes the uptime up to 99.99%. Eventually, users on VPS hosting experience high-speed data transfers and fast performance.
While there is no scalability in shared hosting at the maximum limits, you can easily upgrade your hosting environment to virtual private servers. Above all, shared hosting is highly prone to malware attacks. On the other hand, VPS hosting provides better security for everyone with fewer people on the server.
VPS hosting provides you with a virtual server that simulates a physical server, however, in reality, the space is shared among several users. Using virtualization technology, your hosting service installs a virtual layer on top of the operating system of the server. This layer creates the partitions and allows each user to install their OS and software. Therefore, a virtual private server (VPS) is both virtual and private because you have complete control.
With VPS hosting, you have the same root-level access as if you had a dedicated server, but at a much lower cost.
The best VPS host for you depends on your personalized needs and budget. For example, if you need to host a large amount of data then it’s better to choose a hosting plan which provides you with a good amount of storage at a solid value.