Website optimization is no longer about good old strategies that were useful in the past years. You need to stay updated with new trends, strategies, and tools to stand out among the high competition in 2023. Keeping your online presence optimized with the latest trends is a key to constant sales and conversions.
Google ranking factors have always been on an evolving ride and still, it is crucial to optimize for Google or other search engines to maintain a position and domain authority higher. While one small trendy change can change the whole algorithm of your website in terms of leads, another insignificant technique could also lose you, potential buyers, or new visitors. So, you would never want to end up with a high bounce rate, Would you? So, you need to know what works best for you.
Don’t worry, we’ve come up with top website optimization strategies and tools to help you out. Being a leading company in WordPress Speed & Performance Optimization, today we are going to show you a range of aspects you need to focus on to achieve a high converting website in every sense. Whether you call it mobile-friendliness, local searches, quality content, or creating a reliable link profile, this guide covers everything you need to know.
1. Optimize Your Website for Fast Page Loading Speed
Optimizing your website for loading time plays a critical role after Google’s recent update on core web vitals has confirmed a major impact of faster web pages on higher traffic or SERP ranking. Thus, a fast page loading speed is one of the most important website optimization strategies in 2023.
Research shows that 40% of the visitors abandon if they find a slow page loading. As a matter of fact, a one-second delay in load can lead to a 7% loss in conversions and a 16% decrease in customer satisfaction.
We have been helping websites load faster and get the most out of their business. That means, there are some best practices that can give you desired results. Whether you have WordPress or an eCommerce site, here are a few tips to make your website faster:
- Optimize images with lossless compression and lazy loading for the smaller sizes.
- Remove Unnecessary plugins
- Use CDN
- Enable browser caching
- Reduce redirects
- Reduce server response time with an upgrade to fast web hosting
Check out proven ways to speed up your website and improve conversion for more detail on the subject.
Moreover, if you are handling WooCommerce, we have a complete guide to know about how to optimize your eCommerce store.
2. Optimize for Local Searches (Local SEO)
When it comes to SEO, often businesses forget to emphasize local searches and intent. In fact, 46% of the Google searches have local intent. You can optimize your blogs, videos, or products for local searches because Local SEO has become the best website optimization strategy in 2023.
Basically, there are 4 types of search intent i.e., informational, commercial, navigational, and transactional. If you wish to optimize for local searchers you can address all types of intent on your website.
Either way, you can hire experts to do Local SEO for you. We have a talented & skilled team of Local SEO professionals to do it for you.
3. Ensure Mobile-Friendly Web Page
Mobile searches have been increasing exponentially with an increase in mobile users. If your website content or web pages are created as per desktop viewers, it’s your time to upgrade for mobile usability.
You can take advantage of a handful of practices with mobile-first indexing. Here are some of them:
- Create responsive designs. A responsive website simply means allowing your images or other elements to look perfect on all devices according to the size of the screens. This ensures easy user interaction.
- Ensure the right character length of meta titles.
- Remove unwanted pop-ups or redirects to prevent a reduction in user experience
- Don’t use the mobile version for cloaking. That means, whatever your content or URL is, it
matches all types of devices in the same way whether it is desktop, tablet, or smartphone.
4. User Experience
Providing the best user experience has become one of the most important factors after core web vitals update came into the spotlight. Thus, you need to optimize your website for user experience. UX optimization requires analyzing user behavior, gathering user data insights, and understanding their needs & wants. Heatmaps, user flow, & session recordings are some great ways to help you in analysis.
Your website UX is not only limited to images or compelling designs but also includes its loading speed and overall performance.
Research shows that 88% of the users end up returning back if they found any website having a poor experience.
So, what really makes a user experience best? Almost everything from speed, quality of content, and whatnot. Here are some of the effective ways to provide a quality user experience:
- Fast and Easy Navigation: Site navigation is the process of browsing your website elements and different locations as smoothly as possible. The better your user’s browsing, the higher will be their satisfaction.
- Unique Content: Content is king but what makes a content quality top-notch is its uniqueness. Original content is priceless. You need to ensure your team of content writing comprises talented individuals with best-in-class language command and in-depth research abilities.
- Responsive Design: Responsiveness has huge importance in the era of mobile users. Make sure your website is accessible on all devices, desktops, smartphones, and tablets. A responsive website is more likely to convert mere users into potential customers.
- Value Your Past Clients: The best way to value your previous clients and customers is to add a separate section of their reviews, or ask them for feedback on your products or services. Reviews also help your new prospects trust you faster.
- Display Your Professionalism: To be a pro in the industry implies displaying your credible certifications.
5. Optimize for Voice Search
Voice searches have been increasing at a fast pace and it will stay one of the best website optimization strategies or trends in 2023 and years coming. Voice searches are preferable to typing to conduct queries since one can use long-form of phrases or queries. So, it is best to optimize your website content for voice searches.
Long Tail Keywords with more than 3 words are most likely searchable for voices. Another tip you can take into place is to use structured data or schema. Schema markup helps search engines to better understand the information of your web pages.
6. Optimize speed & performance with Core Web Vitals:
Core web vital optimization is crucial to get speedy web pages and better performance. With a new algorithm update on user experience, Google ensures a great significance of core web vitals as the speed & performance determining factors.
You can evaluate the health of your core web vitals using tools like Google PageSpeed Insights, GTmetrix, and Google Search Console. Being a leading company in website speed optimization, we would recommend you to focus on responsiveness, visual stability, and loading speed of your web pages to get a positive impact on your four metrics i.e., FCP, LCP, FID, and CLS.
7. Link Building:
When it comes to off-page SEO, building authoritative backlinks is still important to make the best out of your long-term SEO strategy. The higher will be your number of backlinks to your web pages, the higher will be the chance of ranking on the relevant SERPs.
While quality link profile positively impacts the web page ranking, non-credible could even hurt it.
Here are some of the link building strategies that you can include:
- Fix broken links
- Use Resource Pages
- Link Mining
- Claim Unlinked Mentions
- Reclaim links
Make sure to use A/B testing that can help you know which form of the page has more likelihood to rank higher.
Ans. Website optimization is necessary because it helps you get a quality user experience, speed up loading, and improve SEO which eventually helps you convert visitors, generate high traffic & more sales.
Ans. You can add schema markup to articles, events, FAQs, local businesses, organizations, people, products, Q&A, reviews & other website pages.
Ans. To optimize your website, you need to ensure to have a list of top website optimization tools for your CMS in 2023 such as PageSpeed Insights, Google Search Console (GSC), Google Optimize, Crazy Egg, Yoast SEO, Ubersuggest, Screaming Frog & Ahrefs, etc.
2 thoughts on “Top 7 Website Optimization Strategies (Best Techniques)”
Great Job. I love this Article. Keep Sharing such updates.
Remaгkable! Its really awｅsome post, I hаve got much cⅼear idea about fгom this post.